This is our walk-through free personality test.
There are many on-line personality testing sites, some charge you for actually taking the test, whilst others will let you take the test for free, but will only provide an overview of the results – requesting that you to pay a fee to see the full report.
What we have outlined below will enable you to take the test for free, and then we’ll show you where you can assess your results without paying a single cent.
What is personality testing and why is it important ?
Your personality-type affects EVERYTHING in your life. Understanding YOU is crucial, so that you can follow the path of least resistance (i.e. do things the easy way and in line with your ‘natural state’). Why make life difficult, when you can actually make life easy ?
High performing executives understand the importance of this for themselves. They also appreciate that it is crucial to understand the people that they work with, fellow business associates, and clients.
Many large corporations put their staff though personality testing. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a particular favorite of many organizations.
Once the staff have undergone these tests, company management then group similar types of personality together on projects, for example. In some cases however, it is actually beneficial to have people with different personalities working on the same project or team. This ensures a good mix is added to the group dynamic.
Individual Personality Testing
Despite their wide-spread company use, personality tests are not solely for the work place. They can actually be very useful for individuals to assess how they are likely to react in certain situations. They are also widely used by on-line dating agencies to profile people. This enables matching to take place and this should, in theory, result in much more harmonious relationships.
If you are having issues with any areas of your life (procrastination, career or family issues, unable to find a partner, or a general feeling of being worthless), then spending 10 minutes on a simple, but very effective, free on-line test can be a real eye-opener…. and they are VERY accurate.
Ohhh no, not those ‘magazine type’ quizzes. They’re silly !!
We TOTALLY agree !! Many of the personality quizzes found in ‘coffee table’ magazines are not that scientific and are cobbled together by poor reporters, just looking to fill some space before the next full-page advertisement.
What we are about to recommend is a detailed assessment of your personality, based on multiple choice questions. This should take you no more than 10-15 minutes to complete, but the answers can change your outlook on life.
STEP 1 : Taking the Free Personality Test
As mentioned above, many testing sites charge a fee. However, We would highly recommend that you take the following online test which is free (it will open in a separate browser window, so you won’t lose this page) :
- You have to be really honest when taking this test, otherwise you are just going to get a false result, which isn’t going to help anybody, least of all you.
- Do not try to over-analyze each question. Your first instinctive answer is usually the best one.
At the end of the test, you will be provided with 4 letters, which look like this :
- Extraversion (E) or (I) Introversion
- Sensing (S) or (N) Intuition
- Thinking (T) or (F) Feeling
- Judging (J) or (P) Perception
Bring the letters together, as follows :
- ISTJ – The Duty Fulfillers
- ESTJ – The Guardians
- ISFJ – The Nurturers
- ESFJ – The Caregivers
- ISTP – The Mechanics
- ESTP – The Doers
- ESFP – The Performers
- ISFP – The Artists
- ENTJ – The Executives
- INTJ – The Scientists
- ENTP – The Visionaries
- INTP – The Thinkers
- ENFJ – The Givers
- INFJ – The Protectors
- ENFP – The Inspirers
- INFP – The Idealists
Some of the most important recent work done in the field on Personality Typing has been done by David Keirsey. He basically took the original Myers-Briggs Type Indicators and grouped them. See video below :
Very interesting, but what does it all mean ?
STEP 2 : Overview of the Results
Whatever your 4-letter profile is you can get a high-level overview of each of these personality types here :
- http://www.personalitypage.com/html/high-level.html (it will open up in a new window, this article will still be here when you’re done)
- Click on the red link below the 4-letters which match EXACTLY with your test score. This will take you to a page with an overall portrait for your personality type.
To learn more about how this might affect your personal growth, go to the following page :
- https://www.personalitypage.com/html/personal.html (it will open up in a new window, this article will still be here when you’re done)
- Scroll down to the list of personality types
- Click on the link that corresponds EXACTLY to the 4 letters which you received from doing the personality quiz.
This will show you what your strengths and potential problem areas are and also provide some solutions which you might want to consider (incidentally, my letters were INTJ and what I can say is that it is a VERY accurate assessment of me).
STEP 3 : Designing your Life
Now that you know what your personality type is, and you have an overview of what your preferences are, we can start to look in more depth at different areas of your life.
Are you happy in your current job ? Most people aren’t. They’ve just stumbled into a role that they can’t seem to get out of. But is it really the right role, job, career for you ?
- Click on this link : http://www.personalitypage.com/html/careers.html
- Click on the personality type that corresponds to your 4 letters
- Read the assessment on what career best suits your personality type
You can also use this profiling system to see who you are likely to be compatible with.
- Click on this link : http://www.personalitypage.com/html/relationships.html
- Read the summary text at the top of the page
- Then scroll down to the bottom
- Click on the link that corresponds to your personality type
This page will provide you with a summary of your personality type with respect to relationships. It will then explain :
- Your strengths and weaknesses in relationships
- What you are like as a lover, a parent, and as a friend
- Who you are likely to be compatible with
For a simple match up (if you are already in a relationship) :
- Click on this page : https://www.personalitypage.com/html/type_to_type.html
- Use the drop down to find your 4-letters
- Use the second drop-down to find your partner’s 4-letters
- Click ‘check’
We hope you enjoyed finding out what your personality profile is and that you find it useful in understanding you a bit better.
We have plans for some practical articles linked to this personality testing topic (for example why your personality type could be stopping you from getting things done). Feel free to subscribe for our article updates (above), and you’ll be the first to know when we publish them.
Lady on Lap-top image courtesy of iconmac / FreeDigitalPhotos.net