Welcome to our free ebook on how to overcome challenges.
Everyone in the world faces challenges in their life at some point. No matter what part of the world you are from, you:
- have been,
- are currently,
- will be
Some problems are easily overcome in just a few minutes, whilst others can take years to be resolved.
It doesn’t matter if you are facing:
- Challenges at work.
- Challenges at home.
- Challenges at school.
- Health challenges.
- Financial challenges.
- Relationship challenges.
- Goal achievement challenges.
- Challenges with your studying.
- Challenges with your parents, spouse, or children.
Whatever your issue is, there is a certain process that you can follow to help overcome the problem.
There are plenty of tools and techniques on this site to help you with your obstacle or block. However, our free book “How to Overcome Challenges” is an excellent place to start.
To claim your free copy of this book, you just need to scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the simple instructions.
However, you might want to read our key learning points from the book first.
How to Overcome Challenges Review
- Get Your Mind on Track.
- Look for the Silver Lining.
- Finding Solutions.
- Stay Away from Unproductive “What Ifs”.
- Take Advantage of the Resources Available to You.
- Make a Plan of Action.
- Your Plan.
- Take Decisive Action.
- Learn From Your Challenges.
- Remember the Negatives Too.
Opportunities often pass us by because we freeze up when faced with obstacles. However, adding a few simple strategies to our lives can turn those opportunities into useful stepping-stones.
Feeling fearful about certain situations is not necessarily a bad thing. But don’t use it as an excuse to procrastinate or (even worse) give up.
Get Your Mind on Track
Of course overcoming challenges is all about our mindset. Two people faced with the same problem can end up with two totally different results:
- Person A – Takes the challenge and runs with it, turning it into a success.
- Person B – Looks at the problem, feels that it’s much more than they can handle, gets stressed, and gives up.
There are 3 powerful strategies provided in this chapter which will turn you from ‘Person B’ to ‘Person A’.
Remember: The only way to fail is to give up.
Look for the Silver Lining
Even when presented with the worse situation, there is always something that you can learn or appreciate from it.
There have been people who, even when facing death, have taken the situation and done something positive with it. And if one human can do that, then ALL humans can do that.
The more positive you are about getting through your challenge, the MUCH more likely you are of overcoming that challenge.
The book is realistic though. Very often when you ask yourself the question:
“What is good about this situation?”
You get the answer:
“Nothing is good about this situation !!”
However, the book sets out 2 questions that you can ask, which will greatly help you.
You might also want to look at our article on Noah St John’s Afformations – to supplement what you learn in your free overcoming challenges book.
Okay enough of the theory – you just want solutions, right? What are the next steps you can take to make the problem better?
Once you have your mindset right, finding the solutions to the problems actually becomes less of an issue.
However, you still might have a few mental blocks at this stage. So this chapter provides three paths that you can take.
Stay Away from Unproductive “What Ifs”
This chapter looks at the ‘internal chatter’ that often goes on in our heads. This does not help us at all to find the solutions we are looking for.
Far too often we are putting up mental blocks with negative “What if…..?” statements, and that’s BEFORE we’ve even attempted a potential solution!! For example:
“What if I don’t get the job?”
“What if that [girl/boy] don’t like me?”
“What if I can’t handle the pressure?”
“What if I can’t raise the money for my [son’s/daughter’s] education?”
Questions like those assumes that you will end up with a negative situation. Is it any wonder that we fail to get the results that we want?
This chapter provides 5 excellent questions to ask yourself, which will immediately crush any negative “What if….?” statements you might be having with yourself.
Take Advantage of the Resources Available to You
Sometimes when we are struggling to overcome challenges, the creative parts of our brain seem to shut down under the stress. Even the most obvious ideas seem to elude us.
In this chapter, 3 key solutions are discussed. They might be obvious to many people, but many a stressed-out person has overlooked them.
Make a Plan of Action
The next section of the book is about planning. Again, never underestimate the power of a good plan to overcome a problem.
So just where do you start with “This plan” then? You have a problem and it is big…. REALLY BIG!!!
There are some key things you need to do. In fact, there are 6 steps laid out in this book which, if you take the necessary action, WILL get you closer to resolving your issue.
Take Decisive Action
Failing to take action is the biggest feature in why people don’t achieve the life of their dreams. It is also the reason why people do not see success with the law of attraction.
Think of the guys who built the Empire State Building. Do you think that the construction of this tower was littered with challenges? Of course it was. They had 100’s of challenges.
So, to overcome some of these, they made a plan of what the finished building would look like.
However, if they’d never taken any action with this ‘plan’, how tall do you think the building would be today? THAT’S the importance of taking action with your plan.
What’s the hardest part of pushing a car that has broken down? ANSWER: Those first couple of steps. Once you have momentum, things get a whole lot easier.
Momentum is the key topic discussed in this chapter of the book.
But even if you start off with a problem and get momentum, there is a very big chance that you’ll encounter even more problems along the way.
Think back to those guys constructing the Empire State Building. They would most certainly have encountered challenges they weren’t expecting as the building was going up. But did they give up? Of course not.
Learn From Your Challenges
Of course most of us do overcome the challenges thrown at us in life.
- You may split up from a loved one – the chances are that you’ll find someone else to love.
- You may lose your job – the chances are that you’ll get another one.
- If you play in a sports team you may lose a match – the chances are that you’ll win your next game… or the one after that.
- You may break a leg and can’t get about – the chances are that you’ll recover in a couple of months and be back to normal.
Things go against us in life and challenges are thrown at us all the time. The important things are:
- How you deal with the challenge.
- That you learn from the challenge.
Remember the Negatives Too
This final chapter leads on from what we started above, when you learnt to reflect on your past problems.
Look at those above examples again:
You may split up from a loved one:
- How did you deal with the break-up?
- What did you learn from the break-up, so it doesn’t happen in your next relationship?
- Were you with the wrong person to start with, or did you make a mistake in that relationship?
You may lose your job:
- How did you handle this situation?
- What did you learn from the situation?
- Did you do something wrong?
- Could you change that next time?
- Were you with a poorly performing company who went bust?
- Could you spot the danger signs earlier next time?
If you are in a sports team you may lose a match:
- How did you and your team-mates handle this defeat?
- Did you all sit and discuss where it went wrong?
- What did you learn from this defeat?
- Were there 1 or 2 players who had a bad game?
- Do they need extra training?
- Or did the whole team perform badly?
- If so, do you all need to work on different team tactics?
You may break a leg and can’t get about:
- How did you handle breaking your leg?
- Did you mope about and feel sorry for yourself, or did you take the ‘sitting down time’ as an opportunity to study?
- What did you learn from breaking your leg?
- Were you reckless and this caused the injury?
- How can you stay safe next time?
- Was it somebody else’s fault?
- How can you avoid such people / situations in the future?
The point of all this is to appreciate that whatever challenges we are faced with – no matter how bad – there is ALWAYS something to learn from them.
Just think of the last major challenge that you faced and ask yourself:
- How did I deal with that problem?
- What did I learn from that problem?
- What do I do differently now, as a result of that problem?
How to claim your copy of “How to Overcome Challenges”
To claim your copy of the book, just follow the instructions below.
- Put your email address in the box below.
- Click on “Submit”.
- We will email you a link to the download page (usually within 24 hours)
p.s. – there will be NINE additional personal development ‘surprises’ waiting for you on the download page as well.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Of course every person’s problems are different. However, with a structured approach, such as that set out above (and in the “How to Overcome Challenges” ebook), you will be better prepared to take on these challenges.
We hope that you are able to take away some useful tips from this article and download the free ebook. Please share the love by using the social media buttons below.